Type of Article : Case Report
Year: 2015 | Volume 3 | Issue 3 | Page No. 1445-1448
Date of Publication: 30-09-2015
BILATERAL MULTIPLE RENAL VASCULAR VARIATIONS AND RIGHT SIDED BIFID URETER: A CASE REPORT
Charitha GN 1, Thyagaraju K 2, Rajasree TK 3, Subhadra Devi Velichety *4.
1 Senior Resident, Department of Anatomy, Sri Padmavathi Medical College for women, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India.
2 Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy, Sri Padmavathi Medical College for women, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India.
3 Professor, Department of Anatomy, Malla Reddy Institute of Medical Sciences, Jeedimetla, Hyderabad, India.
*4 Professor and Head, Department of Anatomy, Sri Padmavathi Medical College for women, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Address: : Prof. Dr.V.Subhadra Devi, Professor and head, Department of Anatomy, Sri Padmavathi Medical College for women, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Renal blood supply presents a large degree of variations. In the present case there was existence of bilateral variations in renal blood supply along with right sided bifid ureter. During routine cadaveric dissection in a middle aged male cadaver we found two renal veins draining right kidney and a bifurcating single renal vein on left side. On both sides one polar artery arising from main renal artery going to upper pole of kidney and left side accessory renal artery originating from abdominal aorta and giving origin to left testicular artery were observed. There is bifid ureter on the right side. The knowledge of renal vascular anatomy and its variations are very much essential in case of renal transplantation, renal surgeries, uroradiology, gonadal color Doppler imaging, in abdominal aortic aneurysmal and gonadal surgeries.
KEY WORDS: Renal Blood Supply, Renal Artery Variations, Accessory Renal Artery, Aortic Aneurism.
- Humberto Ferreira Arquez. Bilateral Variations in the Blood Supply Of Kidneys: International Journal of Research in Applied, Natural and Social Sciences, 2014;2(4):79-84.
- Vishal K Vinay KV Remya K Swathi. Retro-Aortic Left Renal Vein With Double Left Renal Artery: A Case Report. Nitte University Journal of Health Science, March 2014;4(1). ISSN 2249-7110.
- Luis Ernesto Ballesteros, Vladimir Saldarriaga, Luis Miguel Ramirez. Morphologic Evaluation Of The Renal Veins: A Study With Autopsy Material From Colombian Subjects: Rom J Morphol Embryol 2014:55(1):77–81.
- Das S Dhar P Mehra RD. Unilateral Isolated Bifid Ureter — A Case Report: J Anat. Soc. India 2001:50(1):43-44
- Roberto Jiménez and Francisco Morant. The Importance of Venous and Renal Anomalies for Surgical Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms, Diagnosis, Screening and Treatment of Abdominal, Thoracoabdominal and Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms, Prof. Reinhart Grundmann (Ed.), ISBN: 978-953-307-466-5, 2011; http://www.intechopen.com/books/diagnosis-screening-and-treatment-of-abdominal-thoracoabdominaland- thoracic-aortic-aneurysms/the-importance-of-venous-and-renal-anomalies-for-surgical-repair-ofabdominal- aortic-aneurysms.
- Raghu Jetti PS Jevoor Venkata Ramana Vollala Bhagath Kumar Potu, MV Ravishankar RD Virupaxi. Multiple variations of the urogenital vascular system in a single cadaver: a case report. Cases journal, 2008;1:344. doi: 10.1186/1757-1626-1-344.
- Budhiraja V, Rastogi R, Asthana A.K: Variant origin of superior polar artery and unusual hilar branching pattern of renal artery with clinical correlation. Folia Morphol. 2013;70: 24-28.
- Standring S. Gray’s anatomy the anatomical basis of clinical practice. 39th Ed. Elsevier-Churchill Living- Stone Publishers. London. 2005; pp.1274–1275.
- Sinnatamby CS. In Last’s anatomy: regional and applied in abdomen. Elsevier - Churchill Living stone 11th edition. 2006;p 293-96.
- Snell R. Clinical anatomy by regions. Walters Kluwer- Lippincott Williams and Wilkins. 8th edition.2008;p 260-64.
Charitha GN, Thyagaraju K, Rajasree TK, Subhadra Devi Velichety. BILATERAL MULTIPLE RENAL VASCULAR VARIATIONS AND RIGHT SIDED BIFID URETER: A CASE REPORT. Int J Anat Res 2015;3(3):1445-1448. DOI: 10.16965/ijar.2015.191